News & Announcements
Coronavirus – Take Steps to Protect Yourself
Clean Hands Often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your face, do not touch eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
Cover Coughs and Sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid Close Contact
- Avoid close contact with people.
- Put at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and other people
- Stay Home – unless it is essential that you leave your house
Signs and Symptoms – What to do
If you are experiencing Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath AND have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for or a person under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19
- Toledo Lucas County Health Department: 419.213.4100
- Wood County: 419.352.8402
- Ohio Department of Health: 614.995.5599
- ODH Information Hotline: 1.833.4.ASK ODH
- Monroe County Health Department: 734.240.7800
- Michigan Department of Health: Regular Business Hours – 517.335.8165; After Hours – 517.335.9030